Do you want to make discoveries that power the future of preventative healthcare?
Nightingale Health is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team. Our blood test technology simultaneously measures different molecules that capture a diverse range of metabolic processes. We have used it to profile a million samples from the world’s largest research studies, and linked those results to extensive clinical data and health outcomes. We use machine learning to discover new insights into human health from these data.
Sounds interesting? Read on.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Hands-on data analysis in a globally unique dataset of molecular and clinical measurements to build models that predict people’s future health risks and identify how they can improve their preventative health.
- Work with other data scientists and software engineers in an agile environment to bring new discoveries into our products.
- Carry out bespoke analysis for clinical partnerships using our technology to evaluate a wide range of preventative health care applications, including clinical trials.
- Write clean, readable code for your own analysis and to be used as the basis for future products.
- Communicate internally and externally about how our rigorous science underpins our products.
- Bring new ideas on how to make our health insights more understandable and exciting for customers.
You’ll be a perfect fit if you:
- Have studied and/or worked on data science before, and are excited about learning new things from big datasets.
- Have an MSc or PhD in a scientific field like bioinformatics, biomedicine, data science, epidemiology, or statistics.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on translating new science into products.
- Can clearly communicate scientific findings to both expert and lay audiences.
- Want to make a difference in building better preventative healthcare.
We also value:
- Real-world data science experience, including data acquisition, cleaning, modelling, and interpretation.
- Knowledge of the R and Python programming languages.
- Experience with large-scale metabolomic or genomic datasets.
- Understanding of molecular biology and medicine.
- Diverse backgrounds! Don’t worry if you don’t exactly match these requirements; we’d still like to hear from you.
What we offer
- Meaningful, pioneering work that offers you the opportunity to constantly develop your skills.
- A unique opportunity to work in an international and multidisciplinary team of scientists, developers, designers, and biotech business experts.
- Responsibility and independence as an accountable member of our Data Science team.
- Premium health and travel insurance (valid during and outside working hours) on top of the mandatory occupational health package.
- Full fringe benefits for health and well-being, including massage, dental care commuting, sports, and culture.
- An industry competitive compensation package.
- A flexible and informal working environment with both professional office capabilities as well as remote working possibilities.
- An in-house chef and café that serves warm lunch every day.
- Team get-togethers.
- Interest clubs from running to music (we have an in-house band!)
This is a full-time position based in Helsinki.
Your next steps
Step 1: Follow the link below and fill in your information along with your CV and a cover letter.
Step 2: Have a video chat with our Chief Scientific Officer Jeff Barrett.
Step 3: Complete our data science assignment, which will be reviewed by the team.
Step 4: Meet Jeff, and other members of our team at an in person interview.
Step 5: Meet our CEO Teemu Suna for the final interview.
The position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.
Want to know more?
In case you have questions, feel free to mail our recruiting team at people [at] nightingalehealth.com
A bit more about us
Nightingale Health is the Preventive Health Company. Staying healthy is one of the top priorities in human life. Our health has a profound impact on our quality of life, and it’s also strongly connected to the lives of those close to us. Health is, eventually, about all of us – healthy citizens have the power to fuel entire societies to prosperity. Nightingale Health enables prevention by combining the power of our in-house developed, advanced blood analysis technology with unprecedented access to global health repositories and world-leading medical research. With this combination, we go beyond the traditional healthcare and wellbeing tools: We provide the scientific connection to multiple health and disease outcomes and the ability to predict future healthy years.