Are you interested in shaping the software that powers the future of preventative healthcare?
Nightingale Health is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join the software development team that builds and develops Nightingale’s core systems. Our team of talented and experienced software developers builds information systems used by our worldwide network of blood-testing laboratories and creates the infrastructure for delivering personalized health insights to our customers.
The development of the core internal systems in Nightingale is multi-functional and combines expertise from various fields. The team works in close collaboration with people from diverse backgrounds ranging from analytical chemistry and NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) spectroscopy to epidemiology and data science.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
As a Full Stack Developer at Nightingale Health you will:
- Be part of our agile software development team and work with all parts of the technology stack.
- Develop the core systems, APIs, and infrastructure that are the foundation of our blood analysis technology.
- Work with modern microservice and container technologies.
- Get an opportunity to dive deeper into biotech in a fast-growing health industry.
Technologies you will work with:
React, TypeScript, Node.js, Material-UI, Electron, Meteor, Apache Kafka, MongoDB, AWS, Docker
You will be a perfect fit if you:
- Have at least 3–5 years of hands-on experience in full stack development.
- Have a pragmatic and proactive attitude and are all about producing good, testable, and high-performance code.
- Enjoy building robust and scalable solutions that are made to last.
- Enjoy taking ownership in developing our core systems in the long run.
We also value these skills:
- Experience with Meteor.js, Node.js, React.js, Material-UI, MongoDB, Apache Kafka.
- Familiarity with npm, Git, Docker
- Experience in cloud environments such as AWS and container orchestration platforms, such as Kubernetes
- Practice implementing CI systems and automated testing.
What we offer:
- Meaningful, pioneering work that offers you the opportunity to constantly develop your skills.
- Responsibility and independence as an accountable member of our Software team.
- A unique opportunity to work in an international and multidisciplinary team of scientists, data scientists, business professionals, developers, designers, and biotech business experts.
- A flexible and informal working environment with both professional office capabilities as well as remote working possibilities.
- An industry competitive compensation package.
- Premium health and travel insurance (valid during and outside working hours) on top of the mandatory occupational health package.
- Full fringe benefits for health and well-being, including massage, dental care, commuting, sports, and culture.
- An in-house chef and café that serves a warm lunch every day.
- Team get-togethers.
- Interest clubs from running to music (we have an in-house band!)
This is a full-time position based in Helsinki after the onboarding phase, remote work is possible in this position.
Your next steps are:
Step 1: Follow the link below and fill up your information along with your CV and a cover letter.
Step 2: Have an online chat with our CTO Antti Kangas and Senior Software Architect Kimmo Palander.
Step 3: Complete our coding assignment, which will be reviewed by one of our software developers.
Step 4: Meet Antti and Kimmo and the rest of our software team at the Helsinki office (if applicable).
Step 5: Meet our CEO Teemu Suna for the final interview.
If you think you would make a great addition to our growing team, please send your application soon because we will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate. We look forward to hearing from you.
In case you have questions, feel free to mail our recruiting team at people [at] nightingalehealth.com
A bit more about us
Nightingale Health is the Preventive Health Company. Staying healthy is one of the top priorities in human life. Our health has a profound impact on our quality of life, and it’s also strongly connected to the lives of those close to us. Health is, eventually, about all of us – healthy citizens have the power to fuel entire societies to prosperity. Nightingale Health enables prevention by combining the power of our in-house developed, advanced blood analysis technology with unprecedented access to global health repositories and world-leading medical research. With this combination, we go beyond the traditional healthcare and wellbeing tools: We provide the scientific connection to multiple health and disease outcomes and the ability to predict future healthy years.