We are looking for ambitious bioinformaticians, computational geneticists, statisticians and epidemiologists to join Nightingale’s Science Team, working on biomarkers and genomic data from the world’s largest biobanks and clinical implementation studies.
What you’ll do:
Nightingale is built on cutting-edge medical science which is fundamental to our success. You will work in a team of data scientists and medical doctors on enhancing the evidence base for healthcare applications of Nightingale’s widely acclaimed biomarker profiling service. A key focus is developing the best prediction models possible for heart disease, diabetes. We also invetigate use cases for many other common diseases. We use both machine learning methods and routine medical statistics for patient classifications. You will work together with medical scientists, both internally and with world-leading experts, to demonstrate and publish evidence for Nightingale’s biomarker profiling in relevant patient settings. Our genomic analyses focus on applications of biobank-scale metabolic profiling to assist drug development.
Nightingale was recently selected to profile all 500,000 blood samples from the UK Biobank, and Data Scientists at Nightingale will have exclusive access to analyse these biomarker data at an unprecedented scale during three 9-month exclusivity periods. The results of your analyses feed directly into ongoing projects with private healthcare and personalised medicine initiatives, so you will have the opportunity to apply your advanced data analyses to patient settings.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a person who excel in (bio)statistics, preferably using R. You’re a target-oriented, proactive, open-minded personality with strong teamwork skills, and the ability to work outside your comfort zone. You should have an established track record of scientific publishing (ideally completed PhD), with a strong drive to implement research in real-world applications.
We also value:
- Strong track record in data visualization for scientific communication
- Good knowledge of molecular biology, genetics or clinical medicine
- Experience in epidemiology and/or medical risk prediction, programming skills, database handling and web-interface building
- Research experience outside academia
- Being a part of a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, medical doctors, software developers, designers and biotech business specialists
- Access to unique biobank data sets for world-class research and publications
- Impactful work in the fast-growing health industry with no translational gap
- Competitive salary
- Flexible and informal working environment
- Full fringe benefits for health and wellbeing (incl. massage, commuting, sports and culture)
- Premium health insurance
- Quirky team get-togethers
- Interest clubs from sports to music (we have an in-house band!)
This is a full-time position based in Helsinki and is available immediately.
Nightingale in brief
Nightingale Health is one of Finland’s fastest growing biotech companies with over 60 team members and customer in 20 countries. We develop pioneering solutions that focus on active prevention of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. We reveal unique molecular insights that are invisible using standard technologies. The broader visibility allows us to predict the future risk of a person developing a chronic disease. Knowing the risk means having the ability to make a positive impact on health. We believe that rather than solely treatment, health should be about keeping people healthy. We’re also a bunch of lovable, welcoming people with a sense of humor and an ambitious attitude.
If you’re interested in joining our flock, please send your application to people[at]nightingalehealth.com Applications should include a cover letter and CV.
Inquiries about the position can be sent to Peter Würtz, firstname.lastname[at]nightingalehealth.com
Send your application at