Are you passionate about health and the latest measurement techniques? Are you interested in working in a state-of-the-art laboratory with cutting edge analytical technology? We’re looking for an enthusiastic Laboratory technician to join our team in Helsinki.
What you'll do
As a laboratory technician at Nightingale, you would be a part of our delivery team that serves global customers in research and healthcare. Your tasks would include sample preparation and processing, and delivering analytical measurements using our proprietary nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) software. In addition, you would take part in service and maintenance activities in the laboratory.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for a trained laboratory technician or medical laboratory scientist (or equivalent) passionate about utilizing the latest measurement techniques, especially NMR spectroscopy. You are an enthusiastic and dependable laboratory technician with some prior knowledge of analytical measurements and work experience in a clinical laboratory. Previous experience of NMR spectroscopy or automated liquid handlers is not required but is considered an asset. We also highly value:
- A “quality first” mind-set
- Work experience with analytical measurements
- Willingness to adapt to a flexible team culture and learn novel measurement technologies
- Strong knowledge of the English language, Finnish is a plus but not mandatory
- Meaningful, pioneering work that offers you the opportunity to constantly develop your skills
- Responsibility and independence as a member of the delivery team
- Unique opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team of scientists, developers and biotech business experts
- Flexible and informal working environment
- Competitive salary
- Full fringe benefits for health and wellbeing incl. massage, commuting, sports and culture
- Premium health insurance
- Quirky team get-togethers
- Interest clubs from running to music (we have an in-house band!)
The full-time position is based in Helsinki and available immediately.
Nightingale in brief
Nightingale Health is one Finland’s fastest growing biotech companies with over 70 team members and customers in 20 countries. We develop pioneering solutions that focus on active prevention of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. We reveal unique molecular insights that are invisible using standard technologies. The broader visibility allows us to predict the future risk of a person developing a chronic disease. Knowing the risk means having the ability to make a positive impact on health. We believe that rather than solely treatment, health should be about keeping people healthy. We’re also a bunch of lovable, welcoming people with a sense of humor and an ambitious attitude.
If you’re interested in joining our flock, please fill your information and attach your CV and cover letter here.
Inquiries about the position can be sent to Nightingale’s Head of Delivery JP Nuutinen, firstname.lastname[at]nightingalehealth.com.