Nightingale Health is looking for a Head of Software Development to lead our software development team. Our team of talented and experienced software developers builds and develops the core of Nightingale’s Health Data Platform. This includes the information systems used by our worldwide network of blood-testing laboratories, and the infrastructure for delivering personalised health insights to our customers.
The development of products, services, and internal systems in Nightingale is genuinely multi-functional and combines expertise from many fields. The team is working in close collaboration with people from diverse backgrounds ranging from epidemiology and NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance) spectroscopy to visual design.
Does this sound interesting? Read on.
Here’s what you'll do:
- Create and foster a productive environment for experts to be able to do their work well.
- Set the ground rules for an environment which facilitates teamwork and business success.
- Conduct regular one-on-one’s with the team members to stay on the pulse of overall work-life balance, provide mentorship and enable personal development on a consistent basis.
- Take care of employment relationships and job contract related matters, e.g. compensation, incentives and vacation.
- Take responsibility for continuously improving and scaling Nightingale’s software development capabilities.
- Support Nightingale’s strategic execution by developing and acquiring talent that the company needs in the mid-term.
- Participate in recruitment and work with external agencies and third parties to divide work between internal and external teams.
You’ll be a perfect fit if you:
- Have at least 10 years of experience in a leading role of a a technical software development team.
- Have a high degree of empathy towards people. You’re a good listener and lead in a direct and transparent manner.
- Acknowledge that trust is a key ingredient that keeps a team thriving, even in challenging situations.
- Have a deep understanding and hands-on experience of how to build high performance software.
- Have experience in building digital products and services within web and mobile platforms.
- Have strong experience in growing teams rapidly.
- Are a proactive problem solver and take action immediately when needed.
- Find ambitious goals inspiring and openly consider all the options for reaching them, even through constraints.
- Experience in outsourcing and managing external software development work.
- Have fluent communications skills, both in English and Finnish.
What we offer:
- Meaningful, pioneering work that offers you the opportunity to constantly develop your skills.
- A unique opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team of scientists, business professionals, developers, designers and biotech business experts.
- A flexible and informal working environment with both professional office capabilities as well as remote working possibilities.
- A competitive salary.
- Full fringe benefits for health and well-being incl. massage, commuting, sports and culture.
- An in-house chef and cafe that serves a warm lunch every day.
- Premium health insurance.
- Team get-togethers.
- Interest clubs from running to music (we have an in-house band!).
This is a full-time position based in Helsinki.
A bit more about us:
Nightingale Health is a health technology company transforming preventive care. We envisage a world that focuses on keeping people healthy rather than just treating illnesses. By combining our pioneering blood-testing technology and the ability to detect future disease risks, we are creating a world-leading health data platform that enables preventative care with better information. The platform helps people make better personal health decisions and connects the health industry to offer their services for individuals’ preventative needs. By empowering the world with comprehensive health insights, we accelerate scientific discoveries, industry developments and improve personal health for everyone.
Your next steps:
Step 1: Follow the link below and fill in your information along with your CV and a cover letter.
Step 2: Have a quick chat over the phone with our Head of People Elina.
Step 3: Meet our coach Jarkko and Elina for a skills assessment.
Step 4: Meet our CTO, Antti Kangas and Chief R&D Officer Salla Ruosaari and the rest of our software team.
Step 5: Meet our CEO Teemu Suna for the final interview.
Please send your application by 26th of September 2021. The position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.
Want to know more?
In case you have questions, feel free to email Elina at people [at] nightingalehealth.com